Losing weight to keep your body healthy can be a challenge. Even when we start to see the pounds fall off, there are often stubborn spots that seem to want to hold on to extra body fat.
Arms are one of those common spots for women. If your diet is on point and you’re killing it in the gym, but your arms just aren’t where you want them to be, follow these tips to help give them that extra push!
1. Tricep Push-Ups
- To perform tricep push-ups, place your hands underneath your shoulders, shoulder width apart.
- Spread your fingers and place equal weight on both hands.
- Squeeze your abdominal muscles and straighten your legs behind you, coming up on the balls of your feet.
- Activate your leg muscles and push out from your heels. Keep your lower back straight.
- Begin push-ups and exhale as you press back up to the starting position.
2. Tricep Chair Dips
- Place a chair against a wall with the seat facing toward you (you can also use the edge of a table or a workout bench).
- Stand 1-2 feet in front of the edge of the chair, facing the opposite direction.
- Place your hands behind you, shoulder width apart, and grip the edge of the chair with your fingers.
- Bend your knees to a 90-degree angle and inhale as you bend your elbows, bringing your butt toward the floor.
- Exhale as you raise your body back to the starting position, and be careful not to hyperextend your elbows.